August 23, 2013

Sea you Later London!

I love my city.

It has seen me through break ups, break downs, breaking dawns [yes I watched Twilight here too] and everything in between. But sometimes a girl needs a break from the busy city life and migrate to a destination where the air is crisp, the constant soundtrack of laughter and waves lapping up against the rocky shore plays in the background and candy floss is a mandatory trimming to any outfit!

Throwing caution to the wind, I grabbed my two favorite accessories- my best friend, J, and my Prada Saffiano Tote, and headed to Southend-on- Sea. A short, travel-sized wine bottle filled 40 minute train journey from London Liverpool St Station later we arrived and were greeted by glorious sunshine bounding off of the waves.


Upon doing a mission impossible style descent down the cliffs that over look the pier and coastline, we meandered our way across the seafront [seven miles in total- just in case you were up for the challenge readers] and stumbled across The Sands Bistro, Restaurant & Bar and decided to take a little nose around- best idea we had all trip!



We were welcomed on to a large wooden dining deck, overlooking the clear blue sea adorned with beautiful white and Wicca couches [the kind that you only see outdoors when you’re abroad] and panels of glass encasing the deck.


Que sharp intake of breath.


I had a cheeky peek over at the table next to us who had decided to order, from what my detective skills tells me, the seafood linguine – it looked incredible! The burgers also looked absolutely delicious, but having over dosed on our fair share of ice creams and candy floss [mandatory on a trip to the sea side] we decided to stick with our vino and some fresh warm batons of bread.

Sipping White Wine, chowing down on crisp bread and gossiping away with my bestfriend is pretty much my idea of an ideal afternoon. 
Definitely a must visit if you happen to be in Southend-on-Sea.



Refuelled and raring to go again, we carried on our sniff around the coastline and came across one of my favourite places as a child- Adventure Island [yes it is just as fun as what it says on the tin]

  B-lining, and possibly mowing down a few children- sorry kids!, we headed for the dodgems where we zipped around for the entire afternoon.  


After multiple laps of the dodgems and hours of splashing around while artfully avoiding soggy shoes - we decided it was time to head back to the city.

The call of milling crowds, beeps of fed up taxi drivers and obligatory sighs of city workers behind slow walkers were summoning me back-it would’ve been rude to ignore my Lustful London!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment