August 12, 2013

Festival Fashionista

Who doesn't love a good festival?

Thousands upon thousands of people,bopping around to the same beat- what’s not to love?! With The Electric Daisy Carnival, Wireless Festival and Lovebox seen and conquered, I’m gearing up for the SW4’s and Creamfields of the festival world!

What I love most about festivals [other than the jumping around to amazing music of course]is the no holds barred rule that everyone applies to festival outfits! Quite literally anything goes! 

My festival style, without hesitation, involves some form of customized denim shorts or cut-offs and a colour pop top [handy not only in the fashion sense, but when you inevitably end up losing everyone!] I also think it’s really fun to wear accessories that you wouldn’t necessarily wear for a casual run to your local supermarket.  I mean let’s face it- a flower crown down through the cereal aisle is not necessarily the best look.

It's definitely important to dress for the festival that you’re going to! For example Denim and psychedelic prints are perfect for Lovebox, however shimmying up to The Henley Festival in my short shorts may not go down as well!

For the Wireless festival, I donned these J Brand Cut off’s that you can find here- perfect for running around in the sun, kicking back with my best friends listening to good music while artfully hugging all the right curves of your derriere. My top is a steal from Forever 21 that you can find here.



Flower crowns are HUGE this season, but I decided to go for a slightly toned down daisy chain version for Wireless that you can find here.


Undoubtedly, however, I will be rocking this piece of hardware [hazard instructions included] for The SW4 Festival by one of my favourite jewellery and headwear stops Rock N Rose. I’m big on accessories, particularly for festivals, so whenever I’m looking for a piece to spruce up an outfit this is my one stop shop so go on over and have a look here.  
The Electric Daisy Carnival attracted DJ’s and performers from across the globe, so it was only fitting to accessorize with stacks and stacks of traveler bracelets.




 Mine are authentic global travel bracelets genuinely ranging from the depths of the jungle of Oxford Street, to a small shack on the coast of Goa- the more varied the better! You can, however, pick up a range from Topshop and customize accordingly.


Hunters on, flower crowns placed, traveller bracelets stacked and you’re ready to go! Happy Fist-pumping people!