March 24, 2014

Trois a Charm: Tasting with La Petite Maison

So the patisserie chef over at La Petite Maison heard I had a bit of a sweet tooth...


What a crazy notion. 

Having been to the restaurant a bunch of times, I'm ashamed to say that I'd never tried the desserts! The Tagliolini? Check. The Poulet au Foie Gras? Why ofcourse! But I'd always stopped short of getting my hands on the holy piece of parchment that reads 'Les Desserts'. 

La Petite Maison are currently in the process of re-jigging their infamous dessert menu to introduce a slightly more cocoa focused undercurrent- and asked me to come in to throw in my two pence. Presented with the thought of chocolate and one of my favorite London eateries- well how can a girl say no?! 

I threw on this number...


that you can get your hands on here, and skipped off to the Brook's Mews eatery to meet with my dessert connoisseur. 

After a measured glass of Langoa Barton [warning it's pre 2000- so watch those fumes and avoid the embarassment of nearly choking to death in a full restaurant], I was ready for my trio dessert trial. 

Round 1: A molten chocolate and chantilly cream shot topped with a thick and buttery biscuit- that strangely melts in your mouth like a croissant. Sacre bleu! 


My only critique being- where's the rest of it? I could quite literally shot buckets of the stuff! 

Round 2: A whole heap of happiness. The Chocolate ice melt on a chocolate crumble base...


Go on have another look...


 Cheeky. 

And for my final trick... 


An innovative take on a chocolate parfait- complete with a hazelnut base, a thick slab of chocolate infiltrating the middle and a log of iced berry coulis sat oh so delicately on top. Definitely my favourite of the three. 

While still experimenting with the menu, this new wave of desserts will be with the eating public [yes that's all you fine people] just in time for Summer so get those reservations at the ready! 


No comments:

Post a Comment