November 16, 2014

Date Night and Candle Light at The 1901 Restaurant

I'm a sucker for Romance.

You know that age old story? Boy meets Girl, Girl meets Boy, Boy surprises girl with a well thought out grand romantic gesture [or at least a few smooshy uploads on instagram] - you know that age old tale? So you can imagine my excitement to tell you all about my new found spot for a romantic evening.

But first things first, you've got to get the outfit right: 




The genius, New-York based designer Joseph Altuzarra has entered into a venture with Net-a-Porter to send the best of the big apple straight to us lovely Little Londoners-  shop your own version here 

Wear it with a pair of these bad boys available here and it's fair to say you'll leave your date floored for the evening... 


Now, back to date night...

Running slightly late, as usual, I arrived at the entrance of The Andaz Liverpool Street's 1901 Restaurant with my accomplice for the evening.


"Just this way madame..."

Now I'll let you into a little secret  but you've got to promise me you'll keep it to yourself! Deal? 

On the last Wednesday of every month, The 1901 restaurant becomes transformed with a sea of romantic candles that'll guarantee to give you that breathtaking moment with your loved one...



See what I mean? Stunning.


Gasps and Fluttery hearts later- we were seated. Hours of conversation, pondering over the extensive 350 bottle long wine list [ The 2010 Châteauneuf-du-Pape ‘Réserve’ will not disappoint] and oggling at the incredibly talented saxaphone player- we were ready to order. 

The menu is fabulous. Straight, to the point, no airs and graces- tell me what's in it so I can devour it [in a romantic, elegant and orderly fashion so not to appear anything less to my date ofcourse!] 

Crab for Starters and Beef Fillet for mains- it all sounded relatively simple... [ Mandatory Disclaimer- mood lighting is fabulous for the ambience not so much for the pictures...]




But don't let that fool you ladies and gentlemen, what arrives to your plate is a host of well thought out flavours and presentations that will undoubtedly be sure to leave you securing a reservation for your next visit before you even step a foot out of the door.

Struggling to breathe we scoured the dessert menu before deciding it wouldn't be as romantic to be rolled out of the restaurant [I'll most definitely start with dessert the next time- I had a pang of food envy from the table next to me as the dessert looked incredible!] 

Filled with what can only be described as wonderful memories from a lovely evening [well that and oodles of Mash Potatoes]- we were floored by the excellent food and service at 1901. 

But don't take my word for it... for your fix of delicious dining in a special setting you can find more details about the Andaz Candlelight's Evening here


1 comment:

  1. Great, accurate description of a truly remarkable restaurant. Your blogs do not dissapoint!

    ReplyDelete