September 02, 2013

Drive me Jivara

The recent change in weather has, quite frankly, made me miserable.

 My denim cut-offs and SPF 30 have been, temporarily, stowed away to make way for a colorful collection of sweaters and umbrellas to see me through this depressing transition between summer and autumn that London is currently experiencing. Don’t get me wrong, I love the crunch of Autumn leaves as much as the next person but it is this baffling ‘in between’ weather that has caused me to be desolate.

Craving a pick-me up, I headed to one of my favorite restaurants in London to encapsulate myself with what can only be described as the dessert of a lifetime. Ladies & Gentleman, I present to you...

                        
The Jivara Bomb.

And believe me it is The Bomb.

Upon ordering, a milk chocolate, hazelnut praline and rice krispies ball of a concoction that sits so elegantly on an unassuming plate arrives at your table. Look at her all unassuming...

As if butter wouldn't melt!

Oh but it sure does! The wonderful waiter leans over to pour a cascading waterfall of chocolate over her to reveal what can only be described as a smooth mousse like ice cream to be enjoyed with your surrounding river of chocolate. 



Dreamy.

Although the recommended wine on the menu is the VORS Pedro Ximénez “Noé” Gonzalez Byass Jerez, Spain, I prefer to go for the Laurent-Perrier Rose Champagne. 



The bubbling connotations of the champagne complement this dessert choice perfectly and are the perfect round-up to a truly phenomenal meal [take my word for it and order the Fresh Water Prawn- it’s scrumptious!]



Choose from two London locations, Hanway Place & Mayfair, and beat your end of summer blues by heading down to Hakkasan London to enjoy the Jivara Bomb. 


No comments:

Post a Comment